ALTA decertified certain 2006 series policy forms effective Dec. 31, 2022. ALTA decertification establishes that the association no longer officially supports the forms, and will not update them. However, the use of the de-certified forms by Policy Form Licensees (including title insurers and agents) will likely continue for some period of time. Decertification does not prohibit the continued use of any form. In addition, realizing that these forms will be seen in the market, ALTA will continue to make them available on the ALTA website in a “Decertified Basic Policies (12-31-2022) – 2006 Series” subsection of the policy forms page through at least the end of 2023.
The list of decertified policy forms includes but is not limited to:
- ALTA Loan Policy – 6/17/2006
- ALTA Owner’s Policy – 6/17/2006
- ALTA Homeowner’s Policy – 12/2/13
- ALTA Short Form Expanded Coverage Residential Loan Policy – Current Assessments – 04-02-2015
- ALTA Short Form Residential Loan Policy – 12-03-2012
- ALTA Short Form Residential Loan Policy – Current Violations – 04-02-2015
- ALTA Commitment for Title Insurance – 08-02-2016
Specific 2006 Policy Forms that are NOT being decertified at this time include:
- ALTA U.S. Policy Form – 12/3/12
At a future date, ALTA will also decertify those Endorsements that are specific only to the 2006-series, and Endorsements that are applicable to both 2006-series and 2021-series Policy Forms will be migrated to 2021 heading standards so the application to the 2021 forms will be obvious. The dates for these actions have not been established.
For more details, read more!