The Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education petitioned for the temporary removal of the limit on CLE credit earned through online programs. In support of the Commission’s petition, LTAMS wrote to both the Commission and the Mississippi Supreme Court requesting and supporting a waiver of the in-person requirement.
On May 5, 2020, the Mississippi Supreme Court issued Emergency Administrative Order-10, which:
- Authorizes attorneys to complete all 12-hours of their CLE obligations through online programs or webinars for 2019-2020 CLE year;
- Extends the completion deadline to September 30, 2020; and
- Extends the reporting deadline to October 15, 2020.
- Several Mississippi firms have job-openings! Check out the list of current openings.
- The pursuit of permanent authority for Remote Ink-signed Notarization and Remote Online Notarization continues. Read the proposed final draft of the amendment and proposed implementing rules.
- We continue to monitor the Chancery Clerk’s status throughout the state.