Dear LTAMS members,
I am excited to be participating with you the inaugural year of the Land Title Association of Mississippi (“LTAMS“). Like many of you, I am a member of ALTA and have been a member of another regional land title association over the years. I have shared with many of you my desire to have an active land title association serving and promoting the industry in Mississippi. LTAMS is shaping up to be the voice of Mississippi’s land title industry.
LTAMS is a professional association whose members include attorneys, title agents, abstractors, underwriters and affiliates dedicated to providing its members and the public with the highest quality land title evidencing, title insurance and settlement services.
LTAMS exists to:
- Promote sound and ethical business practices in the title industry.
- Champion the value of its members’ products and services.
- Ensure the integrity of the private and public system of land title evidencing.
- Ensure the preservation of an effective system of public land records.
- Advance the right to transfer interests in real property without undue governmental influence.
- Provide a forum which enhances our members’ professional growth, promotes the free exchange of ideas and offers the opportunity to enjoy the camaraderie of peers.
Benefits of membership will include:
- LTAMS will advocate for your interests by lobbying legislators, testifying at committee hearings, and monitoring changes in the industry.
- Member-only resources are available on the LTAMS website, including a forms directory, an underwriting topics library, an exceptions and requirements manual, a Mississippi bill tracker, and more.
- Continuing education courses are FREE to members in 2019.
- Stay on top of the latest industry developments with breaking news and legislative alerts and newsletters containing in-depth analysis of the industry.
- Expand your leadership skills and network with other members—title insurers, abstractors, lenders, realtors, and others—by serving on one of our committees.
Encourage others in your organization and every practitioner you know to join LTAMS. Invite them to give a voice to our industry and to champion our industry as we protect the public’s trust in the real property title and closing business.
Thank you for the opportunity to serve as LTAMS’ president.
R. Paul Randall, Jr.
Land Title Association of Mississippi