Currently seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to assist with real estate sale, acquisition, development, financing, and leasing transactions.
- Title and survey review, including all aspects of preparing title/survey objection letters and responses, obtaining zoning letters, working with surveyors and title officers on various survey or coverage issues, and obtaining final approved surveys and title policies;
- Corporate work, including entity formation, registration, drafting corporate documents, obtaining EIN’s, managing entity summaries and ensuring entities remain compliant;
- Review of purchase and sale agreements, prepare critical dates memoranda and calendar follow-ups;
- Assist with commercial closings, from contract execution through post-closing: reviewing contracts, preparing timelines and closing checklists, maintaining critical date schedules, preparing closing and transfer documents, coordinating all aspects of the closing with attorneys, opposing counsel, clients, lenders, and title company contacts, and handling all post-closing issues and following up on outstanding items;
- Work closely with escrow and title agents, lender representatives, and management companies and tenants;
- Assist with review and preparation of finance documents in connection with loan transactions; and
- Assist with preparation of leases, lease amendments, and lease abstracts for office, retail and industrial leases.
- Additional duties include coordinating the execution of documents, miscellaneous property research and due diligence projects, responding to various client requests, routine handling of correspondence, and the ability to follow through on multiple projects to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met for assigned transactions.
The ideal candidate will be an eager self-starter interested in becoming part of a growing firm, with organizational and time management skills and the ability to react quickly to changes as priorities are revised or reshaped.
Minimum requirements include:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a law firm or in-house with a corporate or real estate-focused company;
- A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills; and
- An intermediate level of technical proficiency in Microsoft office suite (with a heavy emphasis on Word and Excel).
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product to both attorneys and clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed
The position is full-time. Salary is commensurate with experience (expected range is $45,000 to $65,000). Medical/dental benefits and paid vacation are available.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and references.
You must sign in to apply for this position.