The Legislative Committee (a) monitors legislative activities that will affect the Mississippi land title industry, (b) sponsors useful legislation and proposals as directed by the Board of Directors, (c) makes regular reports periodically to the membership of the association regarding legislation and regulatory issues, (d) act as liaison between the legislative representative employed by LTAMS and the LTAMS’ membership, (e) assists the general membership of the Association in the solution of problems which may develop in the course of business activities, and (f) monitors all industry relations activities of the Association and investor changes/updates and communicate these changes to LTAMS members.
The Legislative Committee:
- Publishes communications to the membership during the legislative session.
- Reviews the Mississippi Legislative bill status system for any bills, issues, or changes in the Mississippi Legislature or Committees that will affect the LTAMS membership.
- Works with associate members on issues of joint concern or when such action will enhance LTAMS initiatives or issues.
- Coordinates activities with the Executive Committee.
- Create, from time to time, one or more ad-hoc committees to specifically address issues deemed of significant importance. The Chairman shall have the authority to form such committees, with the approval of the LTAMS President.