The Conference Committee coordinates, plans, and facilitates the Annual Conference and makes all arrangements for special education programs to meet the needs of the membership.
The Conference Committee:
- Plans and conducts, with the assistance of the Board of Directors, the Annual Conference.
- Coordinates with the Legislative Chair to determine current issues of interest that will provide membership education opportunities.
- Provides networking opportunities for members.
- Plans and conducts special education programs.
- Provides a profit base for the programs offered, active solicitation of sponsorships, and advertising.
- Establishes sub-committees to facilitate activities.
The Conference Committee Chair must present a written report on committee activities to the Board of Directors.
The Conference Committee (a) solicits monetary or gift contributions for door prizes to be awarded at the conference, (b) ensures timely delivery of door prizes to the convention site, and (c) establishes criteria for eligibility and distribution at the conference.
The Conference Committee (a) solicits monetary or gift contributions for door prizes to be awarded at the convention, (b) ensures timely delivery of door prizes to the convention site, and (c) establishes criteria for eligibility and distribution at the convention.
The Conference Committee (a) reviews program for entertainment needs at the convention after criteria has been established by the Conference Committee, and (b) ensures compliance with budget requirements.
The Conference Committee enhances attendance by actively and aggressively promoting the convention.
The Conference Committee is responsible for obtaining volunteers to assist with all registration functions and ticket events and assist as hospitality persons to solve problems and offer assistance to attendees during the convention.
The Conference Committee confirms and coordinates the participation of speakers invited by the President, Committee Chair, or committee members.
The Conference Committee coordinates and implements all special events including tennis, golf, fishing, spouse/family activities, scavenger hunts, etc.